While Jason Day was en route to winning his first Major Championship in Wisconsin, the TaylorMade Tour Truck was already on its way to North Carolina for the Wyndham Championship. While not the biggest spectacle for golf fans, this week’s tournament is monumental in the eyes of the participating athletes as many are fighting to keep their Tour card or make one last push for a shot at a FedExCup berth. Camilo Villegas is back to defend his title as well.
Here’s a snapshot of the equipment updates as reported by the TaylorMade Tour Truck Technicians:
- Daniel Berger came in for a regripping and also had a new ATV 60 Tour Preferred EF wedge built out. He also requested an AeroBurner 3-wood and hybrid which he will test at home next week.
- Vaughn Taylor wanted to test a TP EF 60 degree wedge as well. He tested a couple of bounce options and left with the EF 60-10. Its in his bag for the tournament.
- Chez Reavie had his grips replaced and specs checked.
- DA Points tuned his clubs up as well. Also, he is going to play a spider S with a plumber’s neck designed to give him 30 degrees of toe hang, which is what he specifically requested.
- Nick Taylor is playing new 47 and 60 degree EF wedges with with standard TP soles.
- Oscar Fraustro is playing a new AeroBurner 15 degree 3 wood at 13 and 59 with a fuji Speeder evolution. He’s able to get a tighter dispersion with the this club and he hits it higher as well.
- Scott Verplank had an R15 430 with a Fuji SIX finished at 10.5 degrees built out. He likes it because he can hit it high with a draw which is difficult for him with most drivers.